Friday, April 9, 2010

SparkPeople.com

Hey y'all!

Thanks so much for the encouragement and support! I never thought it would feel this good to have my weight published on the internet! :)

A very cool lady directed me to a website that has helped her lose a lot of weight--12 lbs last month! It's called sparkpeople.com. It's a website that has a plethora of resources to help you along your journey to health. My favorite tool so far is called the Nutrition Tracker. You make a goal (mine is to lose 23 pounds by June 30) and it tells you the right amount of calories, carbs, fat, etc., that you need to eat in a day to make your goal. You then input what you eat that day and it calculates the information for those foods, and lets you know how many calories (and everything else) you've eaten and how much you can still eat that day to stay on goal. It's a really neat tool and I've used it just to look up the nutrition info on foods I'm thinking of eating. This usually results in me deciding not to eat it! :)

It also has a Fitness Tracker, that does the same thing for exercise. I haven't gotten this far into the site yet and don't want to get overwhelmed, so I'll probably add this on a little later. And it has a lot more options too, that I just don't know about yet.

But, the best part is that you get this all for free!

For free?

For free!!

It's like those other weight-loss sites you can join, but this one is free! Boo-yah! So anyone who wants to join me in a journey to better health, join the site, and add me as your friend! My username is bethanylyndavis. Yes, I know. The ultimate epitome of creativity. :)

I'm excited about this new tool that's going to help me release the skinny girl trapped inside me!

Oh! And I also found a weight-loss ticker for this blog. Those are always fun too!

Stay posted for a vlog in the next post! (I learned that that means a video-log . . . or something.)

3 comments:

  1. bleh, I hate Sparkpeople. I use MyFitnessPal. I only use Sparkpeople if I need to figure out the caloric content of a new recipe I made that MFP doesn't have.

    But it's okay, I still love YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I belong to Spark People, too, and I love it. Do you calculate BMI when you're pregnant? If so, I had a BMI of 38.7 just 6 months ago, if it makes you feel better. After the swelling dropped from delivery it was at 35, and I am now down to a BMI of 30. I have lost 52 pounds since my delivery weight, and have a goal to lose about 30 more. I'm proud of you for doing this. Keep it up. You're going to see results soon and you're going to feel good about it. I work out 5-6 days a week (sometimes wake at 5am just so I can get it in), and I count my calories, too. It's SO HARD sometimes, but it's worth it to feel better about yourself and to be healthy. Keep going, girlfriend! I know it's a long road and sometimes I get depressed about how much weight have left to lose, but just keep plugging away, and don't let the oreos tempt you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through the Flab to Fab group! I, too, belong to sparkpeople. Feel free to add me as a friend on there...my name is amandab333. Good luck on your weight loss journey...I've added you to my reader, feel free to stop on over too my blog :)

    ReplyDelete