Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm Back!

I joined a gym about a month and a half ago and am back on track with my weight loss, so I'm thinking it's time for me to start this blog back up!


I started really exercising as a way to stay busy while my husband was deployed. Of course for health benefits too, but I love the chunk of time going to the gym eats up. A good friend of mine introduced me to this gym and I was sold at the words "free tot drop." Wahoo! I get me time without having to pay big bucks for it! And since the membership is only $34 a month for families, you really couldn't find a better deal. :)

I've been doing pretty well at being consistent. I do a lot of elipticals, some treadmill, and I'm slowly branching out into weight machines. I've lost 8 pounds. At first I was disappointed by the slow results, but now I'm energized by it. These are real pounds of fat I'm losing-- not just water weight or something. And I realized that I am close to being 20 pounds lighter than when I got pregnant with Rebekah. Now THAT feels good. :)

I am also down a dress size, so I know changes are happening in my body. I love it. I usually go with my friend, but even when she can't go, I go by myself. I really do enjoy it.

And we're training for a 5k in November! Wahoo!

3 comments:

  1. I worked out all the time while Andy was in training in Vegas last year. It really does help pass the time!

    There's nothing more motivating than training for a race! Congrats and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Bethany! It sounds like working out has become such a win-win, on so many levels. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!! You are in the rhythm! I think that is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete