Friday, August 10, 2012

Guess who's back? :)

Me!

I took a short hiatus to have a baby.  Now baby is almost 3 months old and I can no longer use him as an excuse.

My goal is to lose 40 lbs by Christmas, or break the 200 mark. I haven't been under 200 since before my first baby! I really want to do it.  I think I can.

Jeff and I worked out my plan.  Pretty simple, but I should see a lot of changes to my body if I keep up with it.  Here it is:

NO candy
NO soda
NO sweet carbs (desserts are a killer for me!)
LIMITED regular carbs
LIMITED diary
LIMITED fruit
LOTS of veggies
And enough meat to keep me from being hungry
And a prenatal vitamin. :)

That along with exercise should make a big difference for me. I'm not sure about the exercise plan yet. It's probably going to depend on the schedule of my son's preschool. I may only go to the gym on days he is at school; I don't know yet.

But there are no more babies planned in the immediate future, so I am ready to get as close to my old body as possible!  This is finally the time and I CAN DO IT!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm with you. I've gained 20 lbs over the summer. I mean WHAT. I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and almost cried - I didn't even recognize myself.

    But what do you mean, you and Jeff worked this out? He's not making you lose weight, right? You mean you used him as a sounding board, and didn't just let him tell you what to do, right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. :) He knows a lot about this stuff and I asked him what to do. That boy knows he can't make me lose weight. But he is very supportive of it when I want to! :)

    ReplyDelete